Monday, March 12, 2018

WINTER WONDERLAND

Winter sure took it's time to reach this part of the world. Not until February did we get to enjoy snow and cold temperatures. I'm so glad we got to have a bit of real winter before spring arrives. 

Since week 8 was "Sports Break" in Sweden, meaning we had the whole week off, I had a lot of photos for this month. February ended up filling ten album pages all together. You can see the beginning of February PL in this post. 


The Studio Calico Summit kit arrived almost two months late because Swedish customs opened the package and then lost it. Thankfully SC quickly sent me a replacement as soon as I found out what happened to my package. This is why I've used the January kit for my February pages.
I even made a page all about me for week 8. It turned out to be quite a busy week for me and I spent much time away from home. It's unusual for me to put together such a colorful page, but I love how it turned out. I've used these templates and these digi brushes by Paislee Press.

Back to school for week 9, and super cold temperatures. Nea had an accident while using a hammer in a friend's garage. Luckily it was just a bad bruise and nothing broken. Also, back to using a limited color scheme!


Dante had his 10th birthday in February. I used a mix of old and new documenter kit items, plus a print by LifeLovePaper, to put this pocket page together.


I do a birthday interview with the kids each year. It's so much fun to see how they grow and their answers change. In the photo he is holding his favorite birthday gift, which was a Harry Potter wand. This patterned paper from my stash made me think of the magic night sky above the Hogwarts dining room. 


After I put the background together, I thought it would be fun to make Dante look like The Man In The Moon. I printed the photo in black and white and used a 2" circle punch to make a full moon shape. The word art and the numbers are also from my stash.


I cut out some extra clouds and popped them up with dimensional adhesive, for a bit of dimension.


/Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment