Monday, December 11, 2017

DECEMBER DAILY DAYS 5-8

I'm back to share a few more days of my December Daily album. I've gotten stuck on day 9 where I have both photos and journaling I want to keep hidden. Still thinking about how to do that!

The story of day 5 is our everyday walk home from school, which is done a little differently in the winter. The sun sets at about 2.30 PM now and we don't want the kids walking home by themselves in the dark, so I walk with them every day. I used this fun photo of them wearing some Christmas themed hats from H&M. 

I thought lots about what to put on the back of the photo for day 4, and decided on this awesome patterned paper that came with the Paislee Press December Daily addon from last year. I then added a drawing Dante made for me at school, because it went well with the color scheme.(ETA: I remade this page later. See the new version here.)



The photo for day six was actually taken at the same time as the one for day five. Nea noticed a flight of geese flying south for the winter, and told me to hurry up and take a picture before they disappeared. She wanted to put the photo in her own December Daily album. I accidentaly shot a video instead, but managed to get an okay photo as a still from the video. You can see the geese in the top left photo if you look closely! (ETA: See the new version of day 6 here.)


On day seven I was out with work to celebrate a collegue's retirement. We went shuffleboarding ( She crushed the rest of us!)and then had dinner together. When walking to the restaurant we came across this installation which is part of a light festival in the town of Uppsala every winter. Such a perfect photo opportunity!


I wanted to keep the journaling for this event private so I made a smaller card to tuck in between the photos for days 7 and 8. I used a chipboard piece as a pull tab. I've never made this kind of hidden journaling before so it took me a long time figure things out. There were many mistakes made and on top of that I poked myself on a staple hard enough to draw blood. I was very happy when this page was finally put together!


I'm not super happy with how this page came together, but I decided to embrace "good enough". There is definately something missing, a frame I think, but I spent too much time on this page to risk messing it up again. (I reprinted it three times!) The ornaments flip up to reveal our wishlists to Santa. My hubby hasn't written one so he's not included. I printed out a funny photo from Villfarelser of a Santa riding a motorbike. If you want the sentiment translated - google it!


I printed the journaling on matte photopaper and used a 2" circle punch for the ornaments. I also punched three circles from white cardstock and sandwiched the gold glitter tape between them and the patterned paper. Then I outlined the ornaments and drew strings with a black marker. The Dear Santa digi brush is from this set by Paislee Press.




I hope I've given you some inspiration for your own album, and don't wait to get started putting it together. For me, it's now or never!

I'll be back soon to share more pages from this fun project. Happy scrapping!

/Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment