Sunday, August 20, 2017

DOCUMENTING OUR ROADTRIP

About a month ago I shared the travel journal I kept when out on our family roadtrip to Dalarna. You can see it in this post. I had over 500 photos from the trip so it's taking a while to sort them through and put them in my Project Life album. Here are the first four pages that went into my album.

I knew I would need more product than just the Studio Calico July kit, so I went shopping at The Lilypad for digital products. I got three digital kits from Paislee Press that went well with the activities of this week: Scenic Route, Summer Vibes and Tour Guide.

When making a spread I prefer to keep a limited colour palette. For this page I went with red and dark teal. 


When in Tällberg we found this tiny museum located inside a phone booth. You can see our daughter standing inside it in the photo below. It featured facts and phones through the times. It was fun for the kids who's actually never seen the type of phone that was attached to the wall before!


After our quick visit to Tällberg we checked in to our rental cabin in Leksand, where we stayed for three days. We had lake Siljan right outside our window. The top left photo is taken at midnight. 


We spent the next day in Rättvik, starting out at the lookout tower Vidablick. They didn't have any info sheet to give out so instead I took a picture of a sign with facts about the tower that hung on the wall. I intended to use it for writing some journaling about our visit, but I realised the sign was readable in the photo so I just stuck it in a pocket. Time saver!


You can see Långbryggan (The Long Dock) reaching out into the lake in the bottom right photo. That's where we headed next! 



It was quite chilly and windy at the lookout tower, but the sun was kind enough to come out as we walked along the dock. I love this place!


To be continued!

/Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment