Sunday, July 9, 2017

SUMMER DOCUMENTED

As I'm getting near the end of a kit it gets harder and harder to put together pocket pages that I'm 100% happy with. The June kit from Studio Calico is pretty much gone, so I've been struggeling with weeks 25 and 26. I've done my best filling out the pockets with cards from my stash and digital products. I find it hard to incorprate cards from my stash most of the time, because there is a reason that card went into my stash instead of onto a page. 

I'm a huge fan of the tiny collage templates from Paislee Press and often add them to my pages. For week 25 and 26 I've used the 4x6 Photo Templates Vol. 6 set. Our daughter saved up to buy a Hatchimal toy and was super excited when it hatched. 




On June 23rd we celebrated Midsummer in Sweden. Our kids a too old to enjoy jumping around the maypole pretending to be frogs these days, so we stayed at home this year. We had a delicious lunch together as a family instead. Lots of new potatoes and sill ofcourse. Yum! 



We had a ton of stuff going on for week 26. I've only documented the first half of the week so far. On Monday I took the kids to the city to shop for my husbands birthday the next day. They also got to pick up a book each at the book store. I've challenged them to a "Most Pages Read" competition over summer break. They get to add their pages and then multiply by four. If they beat me they each get a toy. If I win they have to wait on me for an entire day!


Happy 39th birthday, daddy! Breakfast in bed, presents and dinner at his restaurant of choice.


This photo below cracks me up! As soon as I saw I knew I had to put it on page. This shows the kids' presonalities when it comes to food perfectly. She's smiling in the front, and he's making a face tasting the dip sauce. She's excited to try anything new, loves vegetables, sauces and any food we consider "grown up food" like feta cheese, olives and shrimp. He's sceptic towards everything! It's a struggle to have him taste anything new even though he knows he only has to have one taste. If he doesn't like it he doesn't have to eat it. 


 I'll be ending this post now with a sneak peek of my Summer of Sketches project that will be in the classroom on July 17th.



/Magdalena









4 comments:

  1. Awesome pages! I think it takes a lot to keep up with project life. I admire your dedication! I am loving the sneak peek. I have signed up for this class but haven't had much time to create the projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take time, but worki8ng in chunks works great for me. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Those photo templates are some of my favorites as well. Looking forward to seeing your sketch!

    ReplyDelete