Monday, December 15, 2014

My first Park Ave. layouts

I only got the scrapbook and PL main kits this month. Limiting the number of products I have to work with really helps my creativity. I've actually cancelled my scrapbooking subscription at Studio Calico. December was my last month. In the future I'm only getting the PL kit monthly, and then buying scrapbook products when I need them or really like them. It will take some pressure off that I have been feeling when not being able to use up a kit. I don't want to spend money on items that will sit in a crop bag. Well, here are my first two Park Ave. layouts:


I couldn't believe my luck when I found two whole sheets of POW paper in my stash! One silver, one gold. I really miss those papers and I would lovefor SC to start carrying them again. On this layout I used my craft knift to cut out some of the diamonds on the patterned paper. I then backed it with the silver POW, and added some silver sequins. That's a lesson I learned from Lisa Truesdell. Always add some thing circular when you have many straight lines and sharp angles on your project.It really softens things up.I love how wintery the layout feels, as if it's covered on ice crystals. For the words on the photo I used these templates by One Little Bird. 


Our daughter takes dancing lessons "in the city" as she calls it. So this adorable cityscapepaper was a perfect embellishment. The journaling is about her stagefright, and about her being sad that she was too shy to perform at their dance recital. That's what the tile is for - move forward, don't dwell on this one. Better luck next time sweet girl!

/Magdalena

1 comment: